Bottle gourd is a commonly cultivated plant in Tropical and subtropical regions of the world but is believed by some to have originated from wild populations in Southern Africa. This crop can either be harvested young or matured. When it is harvested young, it can be used as a vegetable. It has a light green cover and white flesh. When it is cultivated matured, it can be used as a utensil. It is an annual plant. This plant grows in a tropical climate.
Bottle gourd might not sound like a delight for your taste buds but knowing about the benefits it has on your skin, you will surely fall in love with this pale veggie. Bottle gourd (commonly known as lauki/ghiya) not only gives you the right nutrition to your body, but it also ups your beauty quotient.
Benefits for Hair:
- It controls premature graying of hair.
- It contains vitamin B that has a cooling effect on your scalp and thus, helps reduce discoloration and frizziness of your natural hair.
- Known for its natural cooling effect, refreshes your mind and relieves tension
- Provides strong roots and healthy hair
- Lauki oil is excellent for the maintenance and improvement of hair.
- With powerhouse nutrients such as vitamin C and zinc, bottle gourd helps in tackling premature aging.
- Loaded with minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins, bottle gourd juice can do wonders to your skin, lending it a healthy glow.
- Bottle gourd is one of the most popular and natural options for your weight loss goals.
- Bottle gourd juice effectively cleanses the system and keeps dirt, pollution, and oil under control.
- Reduces pimples and acne.
- As bottle gourd purifies the blood, it helps in making the skin smooth and supple.
- You can get rid of your eye bags naturally using bottle gourd.